Wednesday, June 19, 2019

Hanibal’s Crossing

Hanibal’s Crossing 

Her eyes were plagiarized from 
The stars 
I saw constellations in her smile 
That told future stories 
Of the myths we would write 
As we traversed the globe 
Hannibal's African war elephants crossing the alps 
  
Every strand of hair like 
Alert with purpose  
Dark matter 
Inexplicable in its gravity 
And bereft of earthly calculations 

The wrinkles at the corners of her eyes 
Like solar rays 
At first I circled her like  
Cosmic dust falling into a black hole 
But when she took my hand, 
I became forever lost behind 
The event horizon of her soul 
Until she expelled me 
Like gamma rays 
Across the expanse 
Left alone to dance 
With other phenomena 
Obliterated 
A cloud of plasma 
Glowing dull 
With no form. 

No comments: